Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Please think of me...

***UPDATE***
My brother is getting out of the hospital today. He had a problem at first getting the meds to work but now everything seems to be going well. He has no clots in his legs. His heart is enlarged on one side but that isn't a worry, I guess. He needs to make some big lifestyle changes. I hope this has opened eyes to the fact that he needs to take better care of himself. Thanks for you thoughts and prayers.

I was preparing a long post about how stressful life is right now with all that is going on (just really busy with kid stuff) but now that is all pushed to the side. My brother was rushed to the hospital yesterday having chest pains and not being able to breath. He has blood clots in his lungs. Scary. He is only 36. He doesn't have insurance. We used to be really close growing up but over the years we've grown apart. My mom and I are going to the hospital today to see him and get more info on what is going on and what they plan to do for him. Please think of him and our family. We are all worried. My parents are beside themselves, my daughter cried all night. My dad lives in Kansas and is coming up today. I hope he has a safe trip. I'll update you when I know something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are looking better for your brother. Sometimes these things serve to be a loud wake-up call. Hopefully he'll make some lifestyle changes and be better off for doing so. Keep us updated!

Happi said...

Kari,
I just got to your blog tonight after a crazy week, but I wanted to let you know I am glad things are better. Please continue to keep us updated and let us know how we can be praying.
HUGS,
Happi