Monday, January 8, 2007

Today, on our first official day back to work after the Christmas holiday, we were told that we are going to be working 4 day weeks for at least a month. No, not four 10 hour days but only getting 32 hours a week. Wonderful! That's all I need after the holiday spendfest I always go on. And then after it sunk in, I actually started liking the idea. One day a week, all to myself. The kids are going to be at school and hubby will be at work. I can do whatever I want (as long as it doesn't cost money). Do you remember when we were younger and we would spend all day painting our nails with a face mask on and deep conditioner on our hair, listening to music? Okay, maybe you guys didn't. But what I'm getting at is that we, as adults, rarely ever get to have me time. That is unless you're sick and no-one want to be around you. So, just to let you all know, one day a week I am going to have me time. I probably won't be primping but I do plan to do some things that I enjoy. I've always wanted to scrapbook and actually have quite a few supplies but have never put aside enough time to even get started. So there is one thing on my list. Any suggestions from you that are pro's would be helpful. I also need to go through my clothes and remove anything that makes me look frumpy. Since I've started losing weight, big clothes are comfy but not flattering. I also plan to try and blog more. It's really a great outlet and I love reading what other people have to say even if I don't know them. I'll let you all know what I get accomplised, even if it is just softer hair and a brighter complextion!

1 comment:

Happi said...

Yay Kari...good for you! I hope that your time off proves to be wonderful. : ) As for scrapbooking, I am behind myself. I have been told that you should start with the most current and then work your way back, not the other way around. That's my little "scrapper" tip of the day! Blessings in the new year!