Saturday, July 12, 2008

Boston

I'm sorry it has taken so long to post about Boston. It was an amazing trip that Tyler and I will remember forever. I could go on and on about what we did but we have some amazing pictures that I want to share. So besides the photo commentary, I will tell you this, the amount of history in Boston is incredible. I have never been a fan of history. It bores me to no end to hear about it but I love to see it. I did not realize this until Boston. I know I learned more history in those 4 days than I did the entire time I was in school.


I'm not sure what the name of this building is but the gold leaf on top was put on by Paul Revere himself!


Tyler driving the "Duck Boat". Our driver was very entertaining and full of information.


The U.S.S. Constitution. It is the oldest ship still in commission. It could go to battle if needed but they only take it out every 4th of July to fire the cannons and turn it around.

The house of Seven Gables.

The Old North Church where the lanterns were hung to signal if the British were coming by land or sea.



Whale Watching. I was in complete awe of the size of the humpback whales. We saw about 20 feeding.

It was an awesome trip. I have some more pictures that I will share later. I hope I have the opportunity to take Ashley when she gets in Middle School. I hope you enjoyed our trip in pictures!

1 comment:

Happi said...

Oh wow, looks like SO much fun. I hope to go to Boston at least once before it's too late! So glad you two made great memories together and you enjoyed your time...that's awesome!
Love and miss ya,
Hap