Thursday, March 27, 2008

then at 12:16 am...

Ashley Corynne was delivered. As I was being wheeled out of the operating room, I woke up long enough to ask my mom what I had, she said, "It's a girl and she beautiful." I think I said good and then was out once again. Hours later (it was daylight) I woke again to the sound of a baby crying. All my groggy eyes could see was this little red thing squirming in a plastic box (the bassinet) and Chad talking to it. From the moment Ashley was born she was a daddy's girl. The sound of his voice soothes her to this day. So, Ashley's birth was not at all as we had planned. I really wanted Chad by my side supporting me through the birth of our baby. My mom was there for Tyler's birth, not his dad. Ashley was born the way she lives her life, right now. She lives in the moment. She doesn't have a lot of patience, especially for situations that are not to her liking. So Ash, here's to you...

Happy 10th Birthday baby girl. You have been an adventure since the day you were born. I could not imagine life with out you. You are the funniest kid I know, sometimes not always in the appropriate situations but I wouldn't change that for the world. You are passionate about animals, nature, history (you totally get that from your dad). I love it when you come home from school bursting with new information that you learned that day. You are becoming more sensitive and caring each and every day. You help friends at school and are the one that they trust to talk to knowing that you won't share their secret. You are also the most adult 10 year old I know. I love that you and I talk about anything and everything. Sometimes your questions are a little grown-up and surprising but I do the best I can to give you what you can handle and you seem to be satisfied. I love how important family is to you. It doesn't matter what holiday or event it is, you just want everybody together. I hope that desire to keep family close follows you into adulthood. You are a completely unique individual with a rebellious side, note the purple hair. That is a quality that I hope to help mold into leadership and individuality. I truly love your "Rockstar" side. Ashley, you are a gift to everyone that is blessed enough to have you in their lives. I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear,Mommy

I love you so much.I cant tell you
how much this mean to me.You will never leve my hart I love you so much.

LOVE,

your frind ASHLEY CORYNNE POWELL 10 years old love you